function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MDhillonMDhillon 

Streaming API for automatic updates between SFDC and my website

Hello All,

I want to confirm that is the "UI updates based on data Changes - using streaming API" is the right approach for automatic data updates between Salesforce.com and an external website(which is a cloud based application built in .net c#)

my basic requirement is to update the salesforce data automatically whenever a change is done in my website and vice versa.

for example: if a lead information is updated in salesforce, it should automatically be updated in my application also without doing any manual data transfer.

please suggest.

thanks & Regards,
Mani
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
To update data in your website from Salesforce, you can use a workflow with an Outbound message.
To update Salesforce data from your website, you can use the Apex callouts or the SOAP API.

This way there need not be a connection always linked between the two servers. 

Regards,
Satish Kumar
MDhillonMDhillon
Hi Satish,

Thank you for your reply.

Ok by using  "workflow with an Outbound message"  if there are number of different clients accessing data to and fro from website , will they  be able to do it without any other intermediate application?

i want if any new client joins salesforce, just they have to install a simple app,and rest should be done automatically.  So can we build a package for this? requirement is that we should not have to do/or copy any coding again for a new client.

please reply.

Regards,
Mani