function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MDhillonMDhillon 

Streaming API vs workflow outbound messages

Hi,

my organisation has a requirement that if anything is udated/inserted in our web application( cloud based  apllicatio me nn build in .net and c#)  that should be automatically be updated in SFDC and vice versa.

There are 1000 of users in our website and they have their account in salesforce too.  Now to sync the data between these two real time automatic updates are required.

please let  me know which approach is best and why- Streaming API or workflow outbound messages?

thanks in advance.
marilyn
Best Answer chosen by MDhillon
Elie.RodrigueElie.Rodrigue
I wrote a blog article a few days back about integreting an external webservice : 
http://elierodrigue.com/2014/02/12/external-services-integration-some-possible-issues/

It does suggest you some way to get your object in sync as soon as possible with a safety sync job.
Its all in apex and based on REST. But you can adapt it for SOAP sevices.

Regards,
Elie Rodrigue
www.elierodrigue.com

All Answers

Streaming api would be a bad choise at it should be used only for browser based visualisation or some other minor thing : if you get disconnected you'll stop being in sync.
MDhillonMDhillon
hi Elie.Rodrique

So what should be used insted of that? as i read with outbound message method we can sync only one object (for example account or contact)? so what do you suggest?

regards,
marilyn
I wrote a blog article a few days back about integreting an external webservice : 
http://elierodrigue.com/2014/02/12/external-services-integration-some-possible-issues/

It does suggest you some way to get your object in sync as soon as possible with a safety sync job.
Its all in apex and based on REST. But you can adapt it for SOAP sevices.

Regards,
Elie Rodrigue
www.elierodrigue.com

This was selected as the best answer