function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hmsimha21.392673170140633E12hmsimha21.392673170140633E12 

Is salesforce a good fit for this project?

I recently talked to a woman who wants a web-based system that new customers can use to order a service (at a discount for their first order), make a payment, and handle sending periodic emails to their users.

To be honest, even after playing with salesforce's development platform a little bit, I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing Salesforce is intended for. Obviously it wouldn't create the website, but is it capable of handling the backend for this kind of project, as a well as payment processing?
Raghavendra ARaghavendra A
Hi,

Based on the new features that Salesforce has release, this system can be developed using Salesforce.

Salesforce.com and Salesforce Communities have to used together to build this application. You can build VF Pages, Custom VF Pages tab and host them on Communities. Community users who are end users can use the web based system built on top of Salesforce communites.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,
Raghu
RishavRishav
Hiii,
This kind of project is 100% possible with slaesforce. The only thing you need to consider is Cost. Because slesforce will cost more than others.

Thanks
Rishav