function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dasari123dasari123 

Record type issue

hi have 5 record types, by using one particular record type i was created a record , after saving the record my record type is changing to some other record type in detail page ,,why this is happenning..
    i dont have any workflow or trigger active for this
Best Answer chosen by dasari123
Phillip SouthernPhillip Southern
Hi dasari,

workflow filed updates and triggers would be my first thought...majority of the time that is where automated DML occurs.  If you are certain its not them, do you have any Apex jobs scheduled or batch jobs scheduled that could be picking it up and moving around?  Do you have any external services that could be performing updates through any of the API's?

Also, turn on field tracking history for the record type field...so you can see what user account is changing the field.

All Answers

Phillip SouthernPhillip Southern
Hi dasari,

workflow filed updates and triggers would be my first thought...majority of the time that is where automated DML occurs.  If you are certain its not them, do you have any Apex jobs scheduled or batch jobs scheduled that could be picking it up and moving around?  Do you have any external services that could be performing updates through any of the API's?

Also, turn on field tracking history for the record type field...so you can see what user account is changing the field.
This was selected as the best answer
dasari123dasari123
Hi Phillip,
    Its problem with my profile settings, i changed the required recordtype as a default record type then it is working fine...