function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mani RenusMani Renus 

How to override New button into visualforce page for the custom object..

Sri549Sri549
Hello Mani,
I Hope  your new to salesforce its very easy to over ride new button with vf page which is having standard controller of that custom object .
follow this link -->setup-->create-->objects-->the object you want to over ride -->go to down and from down 3 rd section there is buttons,links and actions choose what ever you wanted to over side.
with this i guess you may get your problem solved.or else send me reply for more clarification.

Hit Kudos if this provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for other benefits.

Thank You,
Srinivas
SFDC Certified Developer

Mani RenusMani Renus
Yes i done with those things..but how can get on visualforce page
Sri549Sri549
Hello Mani,
You mean like getting VF page in over ride option (Picklist).
If that is, first create vf page and use standard controller saying that object api name and save it.
you can see that vf page in selection list of override page.

Hit Kudos if this provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for other benefits.

Thank You,
Srinivas
SFDC Certified Developer

Sri549Sri549
Hello Mani,

As per your code says that  sounds like your page action method (pageredir) is returning a pagereference that points to the page you are currently on.

your returning to the same page..try to remove that in vf page action and use save button to save a record and redirect that to the your required page in the same method.

Thank You,
Srinivas
SFDC Certified Developer