function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scott Key TritechScott Key Tritech 

Formulas and Lookup Text Fields

I have a formula field that is using a Lookup(pricelist) field to do comparison. The other two fields I am using are number fields. When trying to save the formula I constantly get a "Compiled Formula is too big to execute".... Does the fact that this field comparison is a lookup field play that big of a role in the total formula size?
Here is the formula:
IF( Lookup(Price List) <> 'compare this', (NumField - NumField 2) * 0.14, 0.00)
Thomas Bille RasmussenThomas Bille Rasmussen
This doesn't look like a valid formula. Are you trying to referrence a field with your lookup? 
Scott Key TritechScott Key Tritech
I used logical names in this example for demo purposes only. To show where the referenced formula field was being used in this formula.
Thomas Bille RasmussenThomas Bille Rasmussen
Ok that makes sense. To answer your initial question, no the fact that it's a field comparison with a lookup does not play a role in the formula size. I would have to see the full formula to get an idea of what's going on. I do formulas like this all the time. 

How are the two objects connected? As a way to trouble shoot this, you could make one formula that pulls in the value to your current object via a lookup, if you can do this you should be able to do your formula.