function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
devaloper.naresh1.3928827524116091E12devaloper.naresh1.3928827524116091E12 

How to do Clone while select picklist values in Vf page?

Hi All,

I have a Requirement for doing clone functionality .

Scenario: I have a picklist for Choose Awards   then the user selecting  one award  from the list this award has set of Qns and Ans .Here  user has to clicking on clone Button then he give input name of the Award then this set of qns & ans  insert into this award. How to implement this scenario?give some Examples pls....

Thanks
Best Answer chosen by devaloper.naresh1.3928827524116091E12
Sri549Sri549
Hello,

Its not single step process actually,
1.write a query for getting all the awards in picklist by using select option method and tags.
2.After selecting one amoung use command button and cal a method in class which shows pop up and asking to enter some name to clone with any other name.
3.for getting popup you can refer as like your wish and after writing some name for award after that have a picklist for set of questions and ans  have a command button called "ok"
4.when you click on ok button write an insert functionality in controller which says like all fields like name of award and ques and ans .it saves the record.

Infact it may take some time to understand but try to understand and try to implement
if you dont get perfect solution while doing ask me any kind of doubts so that  can help you.

Thanks
Srinivas

All Answers

Sri549Sri549
Hello Naresh,

As per your requirment i understood like this
1.when we ever we select an award from picklist provided using select option tag,we choose an award from that and click on clone button provided and it shows a popup showing input text box saying questions and answers left and right of page and we have to insert  as per our choice and click on ok on popup.
2.It will insert a record with following values like Award name,one question and answer.
3.Is this the correct functionality your looking for right?

Thanks
Srinivas

Hi

Yes This is correct .pls let me know how to implement in this scenario.argent help

Thanks,

Naresh,
Sri549Sri549
Hello,

Its not single step process actually,
1.write a query for getting all the awards in picklist by using select option method and tags.
2.After selecting one amoung use command button and cal a method in class which shows pop up and asking to enter some name to clone with any other name.
3.for getting popup you can refer as like your wish and after writing some name for award after that have a picklist for set of questions and ans  have a command button called "ok"
4.when you click on ok button write an insert functionality in controller which says like all fields like name of award and ques and ans .it saves the record.

Infact it may take some time to understand but try to understand and try to implement
if you dont get perfect solution while doing ask me any kind of doubts so that  can help you.

Thanks
Srinivas

This was selected as the best answer
Hi

Thanks Srinivas.

Thanks,
Naresh.