function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dasari123dasari123 

wsdl generation

Hi
I have a requirement in which I want to expose a particular set of custom objects to another 3rd party app. But when I generate enterprise wsdl it includes all the objects. But I don't want to give access to other objects. how can i achieve this..
   is there any alternative way then deleting the unwanted objects data from wsdl
Phillip SouthernPhillip Southern
Hi, with the WSDL you can't limit the data structure exposed in the web service file, but you can control whether they can get to the data with Profile persmissions.  For the profile of the outside user/service, just lock down their profile for the data you don't want them to see.

If that is not an option and you are saying you dont want them to see your object structure...then WSDL might not want to be the route you want to take...in that instance you may need to create your own web service through apex/vf that they can access....that is an option where you can control what they request for and return...however that is fully custom and will require alot more effort/hours.