function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ThinkPadThinkPad 

Issue in refresh with Server from Force.com IDE - Eclispe

Hi,

I am getting follwing warning message while refresh the component within my Force.com IDE in Eclipse.

"Cannot Write to File"
File/ForceDotComRedesignPhase1/Referenced Packages/C5r_Desktop_oauth/package.xml is read only.

I skipped it by choosing "Yes to All" but unable to refresh the component from the server. It means I am unable to
configure Eclipse with test.salesforce.com server. Instead, it is triggering same warning message.

Note: ForceDotComRedesignPhase1 is the project name given in Force.com IDE.

Could you help to overcome this issue?

- RK
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC
Hello,

Can you try creating a new Project with some different name and then refresh.
ThinkPadThinkPad
Thanks for your response. Yes I have tried recreating new project and still facing the issue. I have also found that this issue is appearing ONLY for my login but it works fine for others in my team. I have checked this scenario since I was suspecting if there could be an issue with my access settings. But not sure how to overcome this?

- RK
ThinkPadThinkPad
Could anyone provide any idea on this to resolve this issue?
ShashForceShashForce
It could be an issue with your user profile. Can you check if you are facing the issue by logged in as a system administrator? Typically, you should be able to use the IDE if your profile has "Customize Application" and "Modify All Data" permissions enabled.