function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ksugandha.kumari1.3933977480574553E12ksugandha.kumari1.3933977480574553E12 

Salesforce Outlook Integration

Hello Experts,

Can anyone shed some light on below requirement? I am banging my head from one day to achieve this requirement.

User Story:
We have setup Salesforce outlook integration to our client. Now client requesting us to Flag an object (Contact, Task and Event) created in Salesforce from the Salesforce for Outlook integration.

Eg: For instance, when a task synced from outlook to Salesforce, that task need to have a flag which is checked true.

Any thoughts and solutions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Manisha
girbot56girbot56
I don't know if it's possible but could you write a trigger on Contact insert that checks the login application of the creating user?

I had a quick look at a workflow rule but couldn't see an obvious way of doing it.
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Hi Manisha,

I can suggest you a workaround to flag tasks and events - when a task or event syncs from Outlook, it picks up the Default value of the "Type" field.
You can add a value to the Type field by going to Setup > Customize > Activities > Event/Task field > Type field > Edit > Add "Sync from Outlook" and mark it as default

Next time when your users sync records from outlook - it should have this type value in the type field which can work as an identifier.