function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vinnie BVinnie B 

Trying to trigger iContact Send functionality programmatically

We are current Salesforce and iContact customers.  We use iContact via the SFDC GUI right now with no problems.  What we'd like to do is have a scheduled program do the following:
  • Create an iContact campaign
  • Query for a given set of contacts
  • Add these contacts to the iContact campaign
  • Send the email using iContact
I can do the first three things pretty easily.  I'm not sure how to do the last one.  Via the GUI you are directed to a VF page (SendMessage) that has a 'Send Message to Campaign Members' button.  I'd like to fill in the values on this page and programmatically send the message.

Has anyone sent off iContact emails programmatically?  If so, any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Hi Vinnie,

I suppose the following customer has tried automating the process to send emails from iContact:
https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000guYwAAI
Would help if you connect with her on the community..
Vinnie BVinnie B
Thanks!  I did see that link when searching around on this.  Unfortunately, that comment says that she was trying to be able to code this but then found that the GUI would do that for her.  We're trying to automate the entire process of sending without using the GUI.  Thus, we'd have to be able to programmatically fire things like the Send command that you'd find on the GUI.

I did get a reply back from iContact that said what I'm trying to do is basically not possible at the current time.  I can at least generate a campaign on a weekly basis and fill it with contacts based on certain criteria.  I can also send an email letting the appropriate people know that the campaign has been created, but they will need to do the Send.  It's unclear if this is really worth the effort of writing code to do it vs. the manual process.