function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eric_SalesForceEric_SalesForce 

SalesForce Staging Area

Hello,

The problem that my company has is we have our production server and our sandbox server. We make changes/updates/features on sandbox and push them to production when they are ready. The problem is often times our sandbox server isn't the same as production and so when we push something to production it breaks the current functionality or there are errors that come out of it. Is it possible to have some kind of a staging area for salesforce without purchasing a new org?

thanks,
NehalNehal (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Currently this is not part of our product offering.  Here are some things to keep in mind when deploying changes:

Special Behavior in Deployments
http://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=deploy_special_behavior.htm&language=en_US ​

Monitoring Deployments 
help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=deploy_monitoring.htm&language=en_US

​Another thing to keep in mind is ​the fact that sandboxes receive the latest release before your production, and this difference may cause some of the issues.

I hope this has been helpful.  If this has helped resolve your issue please mark as ""Best Answer"", but let us know if you need further assistance. 

I also encourage you to post this as an idea on our IdeaExchange or vote for similar ideas already posted.