function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sivadevsivadev 

user has create edit and delete option to the object owd is public read and write but user cant able to delete record in the object which created by other user with same role but diffrent profiles can any body suggest

user has create edit and delete option to the object owd is public read and write but user cant able to delete record in the object which created by other user with same role but diffrent profiles can any body suggest
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
What is the user getting when trying to delete the record - insufficient privileges error or the delete button is not visible?
Can you quickly check if any other user with the same profile is able to delete the record or not?
sivadevsivadev
HI Sonam_SFDC thanks for repaly 
the user geting error Insufficient Privileges no the user assign with sameprofiles are also not able to delete the reccords 
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Can you please cross check the profile of this user to make sure he has Delete access to the Object in question..as this appears to be a permission issue..
sivadevsivadev
i Had done all The cahnges required object has create delte and edit options 

sivadevsivadev
How abt role hierarchy it was enable for object
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
can you please share your email address so we can communicate via email and troubleshoot the issue?
sivadevsivadev
siva.sdskr@gmail .com

Offshore Freelance ConsultantOffshore Freelance Consultant
Hi ,

Please post the solution, if you had resolved the issue.

----------
To my knowledge, OWD Public Read/Write  is applicable for read/edit/save and not for delete(unless the record is owned by you/or you have ownership thorugh sharing). If you record is owned by others, irrespective of profile, you cannot delete it.

You have to give Modify All permission to the profile so that they can delete the record as well. But be careful, since any user in the profile can delete any record if modify all is given. Enable Data Storage - Weekly backup of the object as required.

Hope this helps!

JG
Arun Kanojia 9Arun Kanojia 9
Object Access is ok. But can someone delete record of another user with OWD READ & Write ? I think - it has to be something else. Not sure tough.
GennadiyGennadiy
Hi.

I think this article gives a correct explanation of how it should work:
http://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000005672

So, even if OWD is set to "Public Read/Write" there are only 2 scenarios in which a user can delete a record:
1. The user attempting to delete the record is a System Administrator (or "Modify All" permission is set in his profile for the object).
2. The user attempting to delete the record is the owner, or higher on the role hierarchy than the record owner.