function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brittany AdkisonBrittany Adkison 

Workflow Formula: Update custom lead field from task field

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out how to update a Lead Custom Field (Task Synopsis) with text from the 'Comments' field  of a completed Task Activity (fields> type: Call, call result: contacted). 

I've developed a Workflow Action (updated each time lead is edited) to update the custom lead field, however I need to develop a formula that will pull text from the 'comments' field in the most recent task activity with a call result of 'contacted'. Make sense?

I'm somewhat new to this and appreciate any assistance.
cldavecldave
I'm a Noob too . but having had those questions pretty often it seems as the only perfect solution is through Apex triggers, that could accomplish all that you are asking and more.

The issue is that there is no reliationship between lead and Activity objects, therefore using workflows/formula fields an issue.

cross-object workflows  apply only to objects connected by master-detail relationships, not those connected by lookup fields. Also, standard-to-custom object workflow is still not supported, and neither is some frequently desired standard-to-standard workflow (such as Task to Lead/Contact, etc.)

Unless someone can point out a solution I never thought of , Apex is the only solution i think.

regards,