function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ShadowlessKickShadowlessKick 

Full ID of Custom Object - Not 3 digit Prefix

We have a custom object that requires a record type to be selected.  Before the administrator created the different record types the custom table id was captured in the Sandbox. I was too late when they went to production and now I cannot figure out how to get the full ID of the custom table.  I do not need the ID of a specific record or the 3 digit prefix of the object.  I need the full ID of the custom object.

For instance the URL the works in the Sandbox contains the full table Id after the value or "ent=XXxXXXXXXXXXxxx'  This process then calls a visual force page that calls a class and prepopulates the custom object.

Example.
var TheURL = "setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=01I500000007Qqe&retURL=/{!Opportunity.Id}&save_new_url=%2Fapex%2FcreateProjectFromOpportunity%3Fid={!Opportunity.Id}";

Could someone please explain to me how to get the full id of the custom object?  I cannot use the 3 digit prefix of the object and cannot use the name of the custom object in place of ent=01I500000007Qqe like ent=CustomObject__c.

Thanks.
Best Answer chosen by ShadowlessKick
Coco_SdyneyCoco_Sdyney
goto Setup --> Create --> Custom Objects
select your object that you require ID
then you will have this kind of url: https://eu1.salesforce.com/01ID0000000m4Vx?setupid=CustomObjects

01ID0000000m4Vx is the 15 digits custom object ID

Hope this help.

All Answers

Coco_SdyneyCoco_Sdyney
goto Setup --> Create --> Custom Objects
select your object that you require ID
then you will have this kind of url: https://eu1.salesforce.com/01ID0000000m4Vx?setupid=CustomObjects

01ID0000000m4Vx is the 15 digits custom object ID

Hope this help.

This was selected as the best answer
ShadowlessKickShadowlessKick
Thank you very much.  Could not find that in the forums anywhere.
Mobile Dev 11Mobile Dev 11
How can i get this using apex or javascript remoting.