function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JKIMBIOJKIMBIO 

Is there an easy way to map lead fields into opportunity page?

Hello,

I have specific fields in our lead page that may be populated from our website when a Sales Rep enters a sample request.  We have numerous fields..is there a way to more efficiently map only the fields with products that have been requested to appear onto the Opportunity page? I'm trying to bypass from having to map ALL fields to the Opportunity page.

I am extremely new to the developer area so any information/guidance would help. Thank you! 
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi , 

You can use the UI to map the fields - a very easy way just select the Fields from the Drop down on both the sides. 

But you cannnot map a Custom field to a Standard Filed  - both have to be of the same type ex. custom .

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customize_mapleads.htm&language=en

Regards,
Ashish
JKIMBIOJKIMBIO
Hi Ashish, 

Thank you for the response. I noticed that I can map the fields. However since we have so many custom fields associated with samples it would take an extremely long time to map them. So i was looking for a way to allow for only custom fields to appear on the Opportunity page if a quantity has been entered into the custom sample field. 

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi ,

Did not quite understand "to allow for only custom fields to appear on the Opportunity page if a quantity has been entered into the custom sample field.' can you explain a bit more how is the flow from the business perspective.

Also you can add an image if needed via tinypic.com

Regards,
Ashish
JKIMBIOJKIMBIO
Hi Ashish, 

So we an external website where our reps enter sample infromation for potential customers. This flows into SFDC where a lead is created and a record of that sample request is saved.  However, when the lead is converted that information does not flow into the opportunity profile.  So i am looking for a way to make sure a record of that sample request continues to be recorded when the lead is converted to an opportunity. 

Our lead form has many custom fields created for the number of samples we have. So I dont want to re-create or map all of the fields since a rep will only usually request a couple samples at a time. 
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi , 

"record of that sample request" hwo is this saved - are these custom fields? Is it a pick list ?

You can re create the similar field in Opportunies and map it to the lead field that will convert the value and save in the opportunity field. 

Reply back if there is something else you are looking for. 

Regards,
Ashish

JKIMBIOJKIMBIO

Hi Ashish,

It is saved in a custom number or text field on the leads profile page. I understand I can map it to the opportunities page but I am trying to get around hvaing to map roughly 80 fields when typically only two fields will ever populate when a request comes through. 

Thanks!  

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi , 

That is the best way to Map the field through the UI. I need more information on the "typically only two fields will ever populate when a request comes through" as did not quite understand . 

Regards,
Ashish