function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
clouddev@surashriclouddev@surashri 

Community User Case Assignment

Hi,

I have created a community page where I have enabled Case tab with Read, Create and Edit access. I want to assign cases to community user.

- From my Salesforce account when I tried to assign case to community user, I don't get list of these users
- If community user wants to assign case to self , getting an error -
Can't Perform this Operation
You can't perform this operation with the selected user type.

'Getting Started with Communities' PDF says this
'When you enable cases for external users in your community, you can assign cases to those members. Additionally, external
members can edit cases, create new cases, add case comments, reassign cases, find case solutions, and create case teams. External
users can’t edit case comments, associate assets with cases, or delete cases.'

Could you please help me on this ? Am I missing any setting ?

Please reply.

Thanks,

Cloud Dev
Best Answer chosen by clouddev@surashri
NehalNehal (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

The root cause of this error can be a Case Assignment Rule Entry assigning a Default Case Team to the record upon record assignment. As the Assignment Rule uses the Creating User's credentials and Customer Portal Users lack access to the User Table this causes a failure presenting with the Error Message:

Removing the Default Case Team from the Assignment Rule entry will resolve this error.

Assigning Default Case Teams on Customer Portal Cases would require leveraging Custom APEX Code.

All Answers

NehalNehal (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

The root cause of this error can be a Case Assignment Rule Entry assigning a Default Case Team to the record upon record assignment. As the Assignment Rule uses the Creating User's credentials and Customer Portal Users lack access to the User Table this causes a failure presenting with the Error Message:

Removing the Default Case Team from the Assignment Rule entry will resolve this error.

Assigning Default Case Teams on Customer Portal Cases would require leveraging Custom APEX Code.
This was selected as the best answer
Rick UptonRick Upton
Thank you Nehal! I ran into a problem with Customer Community users not being able to create cases. In looking at the Case Assignment Rules, I found that a rule that applied for these users was trying to select a predefined case team to add to the case. This team included three users. After removing the predefined case team from the case assignment rule, the users are able to create cases.