function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jonathan EscobarJonathan Escobar 

Solutions to create a Salesforce call plan?

Hi Everyone,

I'm in a bit of a bind as I have work problem that needs to be solved ASAP.  We have a Sales Call Plan that was created in a Word Document.  We want to be able to use Salesforce to maintain this object and allow the users to create their own Sales Call Plans that can be related to an account or an opportunity.  This "Plan" is a 2 page template that has the information necessary to complete our required Sale Call Plan -- it's basically used for Sales Reps to be able to plan their next Sales Call.  There are different sections that they need to fill out so they are prepared for their Sales Call.

I have created a Sales Call Plan Object as well as multiple related objects with master-detail relationships.  IThe custom Objects are:
a) Sales Call Plan Contact
This uses the Contact Object as a lookup relationship
b) Steps
c) Expected Questions/Answers
d) Support Material
e) Quetions
f) Outcomes/Next Objective

The object relationships and fields are working fine, but the challenge is being able to input multiple records on the same page.  Ideally, we would like everything to be inputted on a single page without having to click back and forth (much like entering information in a Word Document).  I believe a visualforce page would be needed for this.  We don't have any developers on staff so I'm sure we would need find contract a developer to help with this for relatively low cost.  One other idea is that if it's too difficult to hav all 6-7 objects on 1 page, then to at least have a page for each object so that input

Exampe: For the "Steps__c" object
A user would input as many steps as necessary that would help bring their call to a resolution.  Using the standard fuctionality of Salesforce, the user can only enter 1 step at a time and then click "Save & New"...unfortunately, there would be 10 steps and the user wont' be able to see the other steps that he/she created until after he/she goes back to the main page.  This make is extremely cumbersome and inefficient since most Steps would be built upon the Previous Steps.  The same principle applies to the other custom objects I created -- you'll want to be able to see everything you're in putting.

Does anyone have any other solutions to handle this other than a visualforce/developer route?

If custom coding is definitely needed, are there are any developers that might be able to assist with this? On a contractual project of course.  We don't have a large budget for this which is why I'm coming here instead of other Salesforce Parners/Consultants.

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.  Time is of the essense and I need to find a solution for this ASAP.

Thanks!
Jonathan Escobar
Rejith VarmaRejith Varma
Dear Jonathan,

We can definitely help you. My skype id is Rejith.Varma and my email is Rejith@qburst.com
Can we connect at 12.00 noon Eastern time? You can share your skype id with me. If you can share your phone number by email, I can call you as well at your desired time. 

best regards,
Rejith