function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jesus.cantero.chatt1.3952321544005415E12jesus.cantero.chatt1.3952321544005415E12 

download image in html rich text area with soap or rest api

Hi,

Actually in an iphone app I'm using REST and SOAP Api to download data from salesforce. When I detect a text field with html I get the images url and I save it in a local variable to be downloaded after my records are saved. I found two kinds of image url:
  • Image that I add using url. I get these images correctly because I'm using public image out of salesforce.
  • Image that I upload when I create the content of my filed. These images are saved into salesforce and I can acces it using the servlet: /servlet/rtaImage?eid=[Id SObject]]&feoid=[Id field]&refid=[id file(image)]. When I try to download these image I don't have session in my webView and I get an error, the image don't download. I have oauth token that I use to get anothers files. I use the oauth toke as parameter in url and work with these others files. Someone know how can I use the oauth token to get these images?

I hope to be clear with the explanation of my problem.

Thanks.
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Jesus, 

We need more information on this issue, 

Post the exact error that you are getting on screen. 

Also enable debug logs for a user who is attempting to download the uploaded image | and look for Clues in the logs and also post it here we can identify the flow. 

See the below link which has some more explanation about images and iOS in Salesforce Mobile. 

https://developer.salesforce.com/blogs/developer-relations/2014/03/building-a-native-ios-photo-sharing-app-on-salesforce1-mbaas.html

Regards,

Ashish

Martin Tremblay - AdminMartin Tremblay - Admin
Hi Jesus

i know its an old thread, but i have the same issue and i was wandering if you found an answer?

any help is gretaly appreciated
thanks