function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EJN5007EJN5007 

Whats the Deal! Console and Push Notifications

Hello Salesforcians,

Can somebody please help me. I am extremely confused. I work strictly in the service console and I cannot figure out the "stock" push notifications feature for the life of me.

According to the documention (link posted below) two users working simultaneously on the same list or detail page will be informed of any updates. However, I CANNOT duplicate this. I even tried duplicating the issue in a stock salesforce list and still no luck.

I literally open two seperate browsers on the same case, make a change, nothing happens. I have the objects and fields properly selected.

Worst case scenario, I can set up my own streaming API. But why? When it's built it!

Please help! Kudos are waiting :-)
Thanks in advance!

Push Notifications: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=console2_push_notifications.htm&language=en_US
EJN5007EJN5007
I am bumping this. Can somebody please assist.
Patrick C Mayer 91Patrick C Mayer 91
Hello,

I have also ran into a lot of problems with this feature in Salesforce. I had it working for months and then it randomly stopped working. I did just get it to work again by doing the following:

Select the object you are trying to set push notification for. In my case, we are using cases and refresh respective lists whenever new cases are created.

Once you select your field, move on to selecting the push notifaction fields. I moved every field from Available to Selected and it magically started working again. I have no idea why this causes it to work again, but I would give it a try.

-Ian