function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AkoAko 

Permissions when installing managed package update

Hello,
I have a customer who is installing an updated version of one of our Managed Packages.
They have several user profiles with various permissions settings relating to our custom objects and fields.

They are wondering if they will need to re-setup all the permissions relating to our custom objects once they install the updated version. They are at the screen which asks you whether you want to give permissions to Admins, All Users or Selected Profiles.

I am wondering what the correct process would be to keep the permissions the same way as they are before installing the updated package. The update has no new fields or objects, just some Apex code changes.

Would selecting "All Users" end up affecting objects/fields in the package that haven't changed in this update?
NehalNehal (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Customer doing the upgrade will have to decide on what permission they have to provide depending on their requirement.

For eg: If they select ""All Users"" the permissions will be granted to everyone and if there is no update on Fields/Objects, then selecting ""All Users"" would not end up affecting Fields/Objects.

Also please refer to  link below related to Permission Sets and Profile Settings in Packages for your reference:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=distribution_perm_sets_profile_settings.htm&language=en_US

Hope this helps.

" I hope this information has been helpful. If this has helped resolve your issue, please let us know by marking the post as "Best Answer" to help others in the community with similar questions. "