function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KSriSanKSriSan 

Looking for career in Salesforce

Hi!

I have about 20 years experience in IT industry.  I started my career with Mainframes during Y2K times.  Later managed various projects.  PMP certified.  I am also some what exposed to client/server, java and Data Wearhousing technologies.  I have been managing projects without knowing much about technology.  I am not feeling comfortable managing projects without knowing much about technology.  I am also not growing well managerially.  I have a jeal to learn new technolgies.  I found salesforce is very interesting.  I started learning it.

Can I see a career in salesforce if I start at this stage of my career.  What type of jobs I can choose or suit for?  Please suggest.

Thanks in advance and Best Regards.
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi , 

You have a great profile and exposure. You can definately go upto the Salesforce Architect Level in Force.com platform. 

Most of the Current Salesforce Developers are ones who were earlier Developers of other technology like Java, C#, Peoplesoft, Seibel etc.

And more over APEX the Force.com language is also considered as a Subset of Java - which is also Object Oriented. 

It will be very easy for an existing developer to learn Salesforce. 

The only change or difference is due to Cloud Aspect which has its own style and fashion of programming and limits.

If you have any specific questions in terms of learning - you are always welcome to post on the boards and explore the developer.salesforce.com site which has been recently upgraded. 

Regards,
Ashish

EmForce AdministratorEmForce Administrator
HELLO SALESFORCE DEVELOPER.  JUST GOING THROUGH THE FORUM AND IT SEEMS YOU MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT FOR SOME DEVELOPMENT WORK WE NEED TO HAVE DONE, DESCRIBED AND LINKED TO BELOW.  PLEASE REVIEW THE SPECIFICATIONS DOCUMENTS AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO SCHEDULE A VIDEO CALL.  THANKS MUCH!

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?communityId=09aF00000004HMGIA2#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_DETAIL&dc=Jobs_Board&criteria=OPENQUESTIONS&id=906F0000000AzDtIAK

Seeking developer to build a "Scheduling Macro" / Program for "booked" jobs for Solar Company (link to specs)

Hello Developer community.  I'm Greg, the COO of a Solar Power company on Long Island.  We have 70 employees and install hundreds of projects per year.  We are currently building out our Sales Force into a company wide "Enterprise Resouces Management" platform.

I'm seeking a developer to write a program/macro, with a few Visual Force pages, as specified in documents you can find here:
http://sftp.empower-solar.com/EmPower-Scheduling-Fn/

1. I would welcome the opportunity to video conference and run through everything
2. We have appropriate budget to get it done, and acknowledge that this is notable project
3. We are open to alternative ideas, but the core functionality is necessary; let's do an overview first and get on the same page
4. After discussion, happy to give login credetials to look at our existing setup, etc
5. Background: I have already written the program in Excel, as seen by the level of detail in the spec documents; now time to integrate into SF

Please feel free to write me directly at gsachs@empower-solar.com or call 516-509-3912.  Looking forward to connecting with some good people.

Sincrely, Gregory.