function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tdhtdh 

Building a SaaS

Hello,
I’m new to this and am really struggling to set up my service, so please bear with me. I’m trying to set up a saas that will allow up to 10 tenants, who can register with it upon reaching the login screen. During the registration they need to be able to input company name, logo, etc, which can then be displayed within the saas itself. I’ve been told I can do this on Salesforce but I can’t seem to figure out how, can someone clarify if this is indeed possible for me? And, if it is possible, what documentation I look at to learn how to do it?

Thank you for any help with this.

AroraAnupAroraAnup
Hi tdh,

I think you probably need to share more details here. When you say that you are trying to "setup my service" and "setup a saas" for upto tenants, are you:

1. Trying to setup a SFDC instance with 10 users
2. Trying to setup a customer portal/community with 10 portal users

Would be nice to get some more details on what you are trying to do and maybe I will be help you out more!

Regards
tdhtdh

Of course, sorry, I’m trying to do a school project that involves setting up a SaaS-like project management system. The class is generally conceptual, so there isn’t much training with the tools themselves but I spoke with the professor and he claimed I should be able to do this on Salesforce but didn’t really offer much else in terms of help. I would guess that I’m after an SFDC instance, though I’m not 100% sure. Ideally, the first page would be a login screen with the option to register for the SaaS. The registration process would involve the tenant selecting the services of the SaaS that they wish to use, as well as uploading a company logo and other information to be displayed within the program. This needs to allow for at least 10 tenants. I looked into SaaS maker at first and found that nearly perfect for what I need, but can’t seem to allow customization during registration (dostuff.saasmaker.com is the URL, if you wanted a sample of what I mean). MTA and customization is really what the professor is trying to emphasize with this.

I think I have a pretty good grasp on how to do what I need within the SaaS itself but for a complete picture of what I’m after, I’ll list that too: tenants are able to add up to 10 users, add projects, add project requirements, modify project status, modify requirement status, view projects attached to specific people, view requirements attached to specific projects, view all requirements, and view all projects.

Hopefully that paints a bit broader of picture. Thank you for taking the time to help me with this.