function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mikey BooshMikey Boosh 

Survey Force Authorization error

Hi there

A common issue with Survey Force...

I have created a survey, posted it's link to a public user, and when the "Submit Survey" button is pressed it takes you to the standard "Unauthorized" Visualforce Page.

I have setup the package as per instructions (and triple checked).

For the Public User settings:
  • My Acounts and Contacts have read access
  • The Survey Objects (4) have the correct Access
  • The Visualforce pages are present
  • The Apex Classes are present
The sharing rules for Accounts and Contacts are Public.

I dont know what else to check...any thoughts?

Thanks

Mike

NehalNehal (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Please try keeping the sharing setting as Public Read Only for Case, Account, Contact and you won't receive this authorization error.  Hope this helps
Mikey BooshMikey Boosh
 Hi Nehal, thanks for your response...

The settings are as you suggested, but do not work.

After some digging around on the dev forums, I found that you are supposed to have the sharing rules for Accounts, Contacts, and Cases set to read only for a group named "Public Users". Unforunately though, this hasnt resolved the issue either.

The only event that occured when Saleforce changed the company domain name (on the clients request).

I have contacted Salesforce support, who told me that the application wansnt supported, even though they were the ones to have made the last change to the system. This is very annoying to say the least!

Any further thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

Mike
Steven Cox 13Steven Cox 13
I need to relate our surveys back to a contact automatically if possible. I'm able to take the survey and view it afterwards. The option is there for me to lookup the contact to relate the survey to that person but manually. Is there not a way to have this done automatically? Perhaps by having the contact log in? I haven't found a lot about this part of Survey Force.