function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
asigmon1.3887132025520032E12asigmon1.3887132025520032E12 

Roll Up Summary (Sum) with Junction Object Formula Field

My objects Project and Plan are master objects to "All projects" which is the junction object. I also have an object called "Activity" that is a child to Project and a lookup to the All Projects Junction object. I ultimately want a time field on Activity to roll up to Plan. I have created a roll up summary field called Total Time on the Project object that rolls up the time fields from the Activity objects, I then have a cross object formula field on the Junction object that pulls from the Total Time field on the project object, lets call this A. Since a roll up summary can't run from a formula field and I couldn't do a field update from a cross object formula, I then created another formula field on the Junction object, call it B, that pulls from the cross object formula field (A) on the junction object. Then I have another field on the junction object, call it C, that I want to be updated with the value in B. Basically I want C to mirror B and it's only there so that I can then do a roll up summary field on Plan of C. C will update if I click edit save on the junction object but not when I change time on the activity object. I've tried the following criteria in the workflow rule: when the time value on the Activity object >0, field B is different than prior, when modified dates is changed, when time field on the project object is changed, etc. What criteria can I use to make it update automatically?
ShashForceShashForce
You will not be able to update it automatically. You may choose to easily implement this using an APEX trigger on the Activity object.