function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steve CairneySteve Cairney 

Used Revenue Schedule but without Products

Hi, does anyone know how I can replicate revenue scheduling but without having to use Price and Products?

An arm of our business deals services that are booking in 3, 6 and 12 month contracts (NOT SF Contracts btw) and the costs are repeated on a monthly basis for the duration of the contract.

These opportunities are added and worked on until they are marked as closed won. We have a custom field that shows the margin of this particular job. This figure is added to the departments figures. (We don't use Amount, only this custom feild)

I'm trying to find a way of ensuring that this margin is added to figures each month for the duration of the contract.

For example a client signs off on a £1000 per month campaign for 12 months and the margin to the team on that is 15% so thier margin is £150.

I'd like £150 adding to the salespersons figures automatically every month until this ends. It looks like revenue scheduling does this, but we wouldn't be able to use products and price lists. Each job is a service and therefore vastly different from client to client.

Does anyone have any ideas on how this could be achieved reletively simply?
AmitAmit (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi, Best way to do this will be to write a test class and then schedule it to run everytime.
Steve CairneySteve Cairney
Thanks, I'm really going to have to learn how to write classes and triggers.

The way I see it I'm going to have to create a new record type that this type of job uses so that the custon field amounts (margin__c) can "roll over" at the beginning of every month.

I assume I'd also need to make a new Closed Won category.

An idiots quide to Apex would be a good start! Any reccommendations?
AmitAmit (Salesforce Developers) 
Hello Steve,

You can use following guide for writing APEX code:
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/salesforce_apex_language_reference.pdf

More guides can be found at https://developer.salesforce.com/docs

-Thanks