function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
randomtestingshit1.3975809321766846E12randomtestingshit1.3975809321766846E12 

Web-To-Case "Salesforce.com could not create this case" Oracle exception

As the manager of the automated Web to Case user, I received an email this morning stating that an incoming case could not be created. This has happened in the past due to incorrect field values, but this was actually a legitimate, well-formed request. The stack trace the email contained was this:

Reason: common.ownership.share.OperationWithInactiveUserException: common.exception.SfdcSqlException: ORA-20096:
ORA-06512: at "BASHFUL.CSAVEUTILS", line 203
ORA-06512: at "BASHFUL.TCASE", line 1044
ORA-06512: at line 1

{call tCase.insert_cases(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}

{call tCase.insert_cases(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}

The exception noted seems inaccurate, as the automated user is definitely active and all case assignment is done to queues and not directly to users, so it doesn't seem relevant. There is a trigger on Cases, but given the nature of this error I'm not quite sure it even reaches the apex code when this hits. 
Has anyone seen anything like this before?
Best Answer chosen by randomtestingshit1.3975809321766846E12
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC
Hi,

Please make sure that the operation is being performed on active users. This issue is caused by sharing/assiging records to Inactive users.

All Answers

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC
Hi,

Please make sure that the operation is being performed on active users. This issue is caused by sharing/assiging records to Inactive users.

This was selected as the best answer
randomtestingshit1.3975809321766846E12randomtestingshit1.3975809321766846E12
Thanks Vinita, you're entirely correct. I was thrown off by the exposed Oracle error, but I was able to track down that it was in fact due to a clause in our code which assigned cases by user instead of queue. The error was accurate. Thanks!