function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
baskaran.manohar1.3975868724158955E12baskaran.manohar1.3975868724158955E12 

Force.com Canvas limits

Hi,
I am looking in to Force.com Canvas to package a third-party Web App and have a question on one of the documented Force.com Canvas limits.
The Canvas framework document says that it limits 'Number of Force.com Canvas calls per day per user (24–hour period)' to 5,000.

Does it say that the Web App can make up to 5,000 Salesforce Canvas SDK calls?
or Does it say that the Web App can make a total of 5,000 calls including the calls that are made to the third-party Web App's API server hosted outside Salesforce?

Please note that the third-party Web App (and its API server) is hosted in a thrid-party cloud infrastructure in its own domain.

Thanks.
B.Manohar

VikashVikash (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Manohar,

Please follow the link as this article will explain you limits
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/platform_connect/Content/canvas_framework_limits.htm

Thanks
Vikash_SFDC
baskaran.manohar1.3975868724158955E12baskaran.manohar1.3975868724158955E12
Hi Vikash,
That was the article I read and my question came about after reading that article.
The article says 'Number of Force.com Canvas calls per day per user (24–hour period)' limit is 5,000
and my question is whether this limit is only to Salesforce Canvas SDK calls that third-party App can make
or this limit includes the thrid-party Web App's own API (server) calls that are made to its server which is hosted in a third-party Web App's cloud infrastructure.

Thanks.
B.Manohar

Maros Sitko1Maros Sitko1
Any Updates on this limits?
I also would like know more about limits in canvas. Expecialy:
How many times user can visit page with canvas (I think, that this is included in canvas limits - 5000 API calls - 1 view 2 calls)
Limits 'Canvas calls per day per user (24–hour period)' limit is 5,000 is separeted from other API Requests?
Call javascript function publish, subscribe,.. is calculated in some limits?
SFDC-vishnuSFDC-vishnu
Even i have same question,What is limit for the 3rd party application to query salesforce data base

Thanks,
Vishnu
Admin NodeJSAdmin NodeJS
The document is pretty clear now. See the highlighted sentences: 

Number of Canvas calls per day per user (24–hour period):  5,000 per user license in the org. This limit is shared across all users in the org. Requests from guest users don’t count against this limit. This limit tracks each Canvas app reload and signed request calls. Other API calls from the Canvas app are counted against the normal org API request limit. When you call a SignedRequest method, two calls are made—one for the method and one for internal logging. (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.platform_connect.meta/platform_connect/canvas_framework_limits.htm)