function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jisakc1jisakc1 

How do I use a Custom button on related list to call visualforce page with embedded flow and pass in Account ID the related list is on?

I have a visualforce page with an embedded flow for a user to create a custom request.  I want to start the flow from a button on the related list for the custom object on the account form and pass in the account id.  Is this possible?
Deepak Rama1Deepak Rama1
Please refer to this link (https://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_controller_sosc_custom_button.htm) in order to create custom button on related list to a custom visual force page.
jisakc1jisakc1
I still can't get it to work.  I am trying to call the VF embedded flow page from behind the New button on the related list.  We overrode the New button in order to create our custom request types.  This is all done in apex with a visual force page to choose the request type.  We then use apex to create the request and use the 'hack' to pre-populate some of the fields.  I am wanting to replace the apex code by calling a flow that is embedded in another visual force page, pass in some variables and create the page with flow.  When debugging I can see that the variables are being set and the call is made to the VF page that has the embedded flow but the flow doesn't open, I just get returned to the originally called VF page.  Any ideas on what I am missing?  I set rediredt = true for the page I want to go to.