+ Start a Discussion
satyan.sheshadri1satyan.sheshadri1 

Field Filter lookup not working on VF page

Hello,

I have a 2 lookup field on custom object 'Inventory' a) User  and 2) parent inventory. 
I have added a filter that  'Parent inventory' lookup will display only those records related to user specified in 'User' lookup field.

This works fine on standard page but not on the VF page.

When I checked the URL  of 'parent inventory' lookup window in VF page, it shows the below URL

https://c.ap1.visual.force.com/_ui/common/data/LookupPage?lkfm=j_id0%3AmainForm&lknm=j_id0%3AmainForm%3ApurchaseBlock%3Ainventory%3Aj_id51%3A0%3AParent&lkfield=00N90000009mP93&lkent=a00&lktp=a00&dplp=[null%2Cnull]&lksrch=

if i replace the 'dplp=[null%2Cnull]' with some use user ID like 'dplp=[null%2C00590000000hU1S]', then it works fine.

Please let me know how should I overcome it?

Thanks in advance.
SFDC_DevloperSFDC_Devloper
Hi Satyan,

   I hope the below links will help you.....

http://bobbuzzard.blogspot.in/2010/09/visualforce-lookup.html


Thanks,
Rockzz
satyan.sheshadri1satyan.sheshadri1
Thanks Rockzz for your reply.

I have created the custom filter lookup in onother way.

Regards,
Satyan
SFDC_DevloperSFDC_Devloper

Hi Satyan,

    How you created the custom filter lookup in onother way.Can you please paste code then I will learn another way also.


Thanks,
Rockzz

satyan.sheshadri1satyan.sheshadri1
My visual force page field looks like this, as they are displayed in pageblocktable:

User-added image


You must be aware that for lookup fields the ID's are stored in the field named ending with '_lkid'.
In my case for 'AllocatedTo' it is 'AlocatedTo_lkid'.
So on click of 'parent inventory' lookup, I fetch the user id from 'AlocatedTo_lkid' field and pass it to my page for filteration.

On the above page I have overriden the salesforce openlookup() method and displayed my visualforce page for both lookups, To display the list.

NOTE: If you override the openLookup() method you need to create visualforce lookup page for all the lookup fields.

my openlookup method:

function openLookup(baseURL, width, modified, searchParam) {
       width = width+100;
       var lookupType = baseURL.substr(baseURL.length - 3, 3);
       var lookupTypeUser = baseURL.substr(baseURL.length - 18, 18);
       var isCustomLookup = false;
      
  if (lookupType == "005" || lookupTypeUser == "StandardUserLookup") { // lookup for standard user object

           txtId = textFildId(baseURL)

           baseURL = "/apex/CustomUserLookup?txt=" + txtId;

           baseURL = baseURL + "&frm=" + escapeUTF("{!$Component.myForm}");
           if (modified == '1') {
               baseURL = baseURL + "&lksearch=" + searchParam;
           }

           if (txtId.indexOf('AlocatedTo') > -1) {
               isCustomLookup = true;
           }
          
        } else if (isInventoryObj(baseURL)) {     //isInventoryObt(): Checked if lookup is related to my object
           txtId = textFildId(baseURL)
           var fieldLocation = txtId
           var allocatedfldID = decodeURIComponent(fieldLocation.replace('Parent','AlocatedTo_lkid'));
           // fieldLocation also contains the row number. So you can get corresponding ID
           var selectedUserId = document.getElementById(allocatedfldID).value;  
           baseURL = "/apex/FilteredInventoryLookup?txt=" + txtId+"&userId="+selectedUserId;          
           baseURL = baseURL + "&frm=" + escapeUTF("{!$Component.myForm}");
           if (modified == '1') {
               baseURL = baseURL + "&lksearch=" + searchParam;
           }

           if (txtId.indexOf('Parent') > -1) {
               isCustomLookup = true;
           }

       }
       console.log(isCustomLookup);


       if (isCustomLookup == true) {
           openPopup(baseURL, "Popup", 350, 550, "width=" + width + ",height=480,toolbar=no,status=no,directories=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollable=no", true);
       }
   
}

__________________________________________________________________________

On the visualforce lookup page, you need to call salesforce javascriptmethod named : lookupPick2() on the outputlink, as follows:

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!inventoryList }" var="inventory" id="tblResult">
           <apex:column >
                  <apex:facet name="header">
                               <apex:outputPanel >Name</apex:outputPanel>
                                    </apex:facet>
                                        <apex:outputLink value="javascript:top.window.opener.lookupPick2('{!FormTag}','{!TextBox}_lkid','{!TextBox}','{!inventory.Id}','{!inventory.Name}', false)" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(inventory.Id))}">{!inventory.Name}</apex:outputLink>
                                    </apex:column>
</apex:pageBlockTable>

______________________________________________________________________________

in the lookup controller, have following methods:
    public performSearch() {
         inventoryList = [select...........];
    }
   
    /* used by the visualforce page to send the link to the right dom element   */
    public string getFormTag() {
        return System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('frm');
    }

   /* used by the visualforce page to send the link to the right dom element for the text box   */
    public string getTextBox() {
        return System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('txt');
    }




Thanks,
Satyan