function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kelly KKelly K 

Visualforce on Archived Tasks using Standard Controller Changed?

Hi All,

Last week, we some of our users using our service cloud console reported having issues viewing tasks on our custom Accounting object and kept repeatedly getting 'data not available.' I opened a case with Salesforce and they were less than helpful and said we can replicate the error, but we can't help you because you're not premier support and this is an apex/visualforce error. They wouldn't explain why and I've sat on the phone trying to get a hold of someone for about 40 minutes now.

So I looked a little further into it, and found that only archived tasks were having an issue. Also, I've had a simple visualforce page that has been used in our service cloud console since 2012 that merely displays the mini page layout correclty in the service cloud console.

This is my visualforce code:

<apex:page standardController="Task">   
    <script type="text/javascript">
        window.location = '/{!Task.WhatId}/m?isdtp=vw';
    </script>
</apex:page>

Can anyone tell me if they've changed something on the back end that no longer allows the standard controller to access archived tasks? I found this, but I have no idea when it was published: http://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000003859&language=en_US

Outside of building a custom controller, is there another way I should consider building this?

Thanks!
Kelly
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC
Hi Kelly,

Sorry for the trouble you went through when you reach out to our support team..
This article was created mid last year and as mentioned on this article, unfortunately, you will have use a custom controller and fire a SOQL query to retrieve the archived task..

Do post on community if you need any help on creating the custom controller(explaining the use case so suggestion can come accordingly), we are here to help!