function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
apexsutherlandapexsutherland 

SOAP API calls using temporary password

We have a client with an existing portal integration through the SOAP API that seems to have been broken by a recent patch release. Before this apparent change in the platform, they were able to log into the SOAP API with a temporary password (obtained by the user through the standard resetPassword() process) and then call a custom Apex web service function to verify their identity. Now when they try to call that custom Apex web service function they get this response:

INVALID_OPERATION_WITH_EXPIRED_PASSWORD: The users password has expired, you must call SetPassword before attempting any other API operations

I can't seem to find any documentation that this behavior of the API changed with the Spring '14 release or anything like that. Has anyone else experience a similar change in the behavior of the SOAP APIs with Spring '14?

(Note, the client's production environment is not due to get upgraded to Spring '14 until tomorrow night, and the custom web service API call works just fine with the temporary password there...for now)
NehalNehal (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

This seems to be an issue with in salesforce and salesforce team is already working on this patch to get fixed. Although we do not have any ETA yet on this nor I have any link yet to share with you, however, you can ask on this community board whenever you wish to know about the fix of this issue.

I hope this helps.
NehalNehal (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

This is a known issue currently being investigated by Saleforce.com.  As more information and work arounds become available, we will post  them to the Known Issues Section of our website. 

Please be sure to visit https://success.salesforce.com/issues_index.
apexsutherlandapexsutherland
Hi Nehal,

Thanks for the responses. However, I was unable to find this issue on the "Known Issues" list to track it. Could you please provide a direct link to the Issue that corresponds to this question?