function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vishnu_SFDCVishnu_SFDC 

Receiving Non-Selective Query Error

Hi All,

I am receiving the above arror only for phone and Street. As email Is already idexed its working fine.

How can i make Phone and Street Fields Indexed. I contactacted salesforce support and ther redirected me to post my question here.

Can someone help me out with this.

Code:
trigger leadDuplicatePreventer on Lead (before insert, before update) {

//ORE Record Type
    Map<String, Lead> leadMapORE = new Map<String, Lead>();                  //for email
    Map<String, Lead> leadMapOREPhone = new Map<String, Lead>();             //for phone
    Map<String, Lead> leadMapOREStreet = new Map<String, Lead>();            //for street
    for (Lead leadORE : System.Trigger.new) {       
      if(leadORE.RecordTypeId=='012i0000000VWJS')
      {
        // check weater any new lead with same email,phone, street is being created(list uploads)   
        if ((leadORE.Email != null) &&
                (System.Trigger.isInsert ||
                (leadORE.Email !=System.Trigger.oldMap.get(leadORE.Id).Email))) {      
            // Make sure another new lead isn't also a duplicate    
            if (leadMapORE.containsKey(leadORE.Email)) {
                leadORE.Email.addError('Another new lead has the same email Address.');
            } else {
                leadMapORE.put(leadORE.Email, leadORE);                            //add email to email list
            }          
       }
       if ((leadORE.Phone != null) &&
                (leadORE.Phone !=System.Trigger.oldMap.get(leadORE.Id).Phone))) {        
            if (leadMapOREPhone.containsKey(leadORE.Phone)) {
                leadORE.Email.addError('Another new lead has the same Phone Number.');
            } else {
                leadMapOREPhone.put(leadORE.Phone, leadORE);                      //add phone to phone list
            }          
       }
      if ((leadORE.Street != null) &&
                (leadORE.Street !=System.Trigger.oldMap.get(leadORE.Id).Street))) {
            if (leadMapOREStreet.containsKey(leadORE.Street)) {
                leadORE.Street.addError('Another new lead has the same Street Address.');
            } else {
                leadMapOREStreet.put(leadORE.Street, leadORE);                   //add street to street list.
            }
          }           
       }
    }
       //Referral Affiliate Record Type
    Map<String, Lead> leadMapRA = new Map<String, Lead>();                  //for email
    Map<String, Lead> leadMapRAPhone = new Map<String, Lead>();             //for phone
    Map<String, Lead> leadMapRAStreet = new Map<String, Lead>();            //for street
    for (Lead leadRA : System.Trigger.new) {       
      if(leadRA.RecordTypeId=='012i0000000XXNU')
      {
        // check weater any new lead with same email,phone, street is being created(list uploads)   
        if ((leadRA.Email != null) &&
                (leadRA.Email !=System.Trigger.oldMap.get(leadRA.Id).Email))) {      
            // Make sure another new lead isn't also a duplicate    
            if (leadMapRA.containsKey(leadRA.Email)) {
                leadRA.Email.addError('Another new lead has the same email Address.');
            } else {
                leadMapRA.put(leadRA.Email, leadRA);                            //add email to email list
            }          
       }
       if ((leadRA.Phone != null) &&
                (leadRA.Phone !=System.Trigger.oldMap.get(leadRA.Id).Phone))) {        
            if (leadMapRAPhone.containsKey(leadRA.Phone)) {
                leadRA.Email.addError('Another new lead has the same Phone Number.');
            } else {
                leadMapRAPhone.put(leadRA.Phone, leadRA);                      //add phone to phone list
            }          
       }
      if ((leadRA.Street != null) &&
                (leadRA.Street !=System.Trigger.oldMap.get(leadRA.Id).Street))) {
            if (leadMapRAStreet.containsKey(leadRA.Street)) {
                leadRA.Email.addError('Another new lead has the same Street Address.');
            } else {
                leadMapRAStreet.put(leadRA.Street, leadRA);                   //add street to street list.
            }
          }           
       }
    }

if(leadMapORE.size()!=0)
     {
    // Query for all the leads with same email address in the email list for ORE Record Type.
   List<Lead> phoneore = new list<Lead>();
    for (Lead lead : [SELECT Email,Name,email_notification__c, Isconverted FROM Lead WHERE Email IN :leadMapORE.KeySet()
                                                        and RecordTypeId='012i0000000VWJS' and Name!='' and Isconverted=False
                                                        and Email!='']) {  
    Lead newLead = leadMapORE.get(lead.Email);
    if(newLead.Email != 'noemail@noemail.com')
     {
    if(newLead.email_notification__c == false)                                    // check to see wheater it is through web-to-lead
                      {      
        newLead.addError(' A lead with this email  already exists -' + lead.Name + '.  If you do not know the Email use noemail@noemail.com');
        System.debug(Logginglevel.Finest,'MsgTxt');
              }      
     else                                                                         //if lead is from web-to-lead create lead and update following fields.
     {
     newLead.Duplicate_lead__c = true;
     newLead.Duplicate_lead_Id__c = lead.Id;
     }
     }
    }
     }
     if(leadMapOREPhone.size()!=0)
     {
    // Query for all the leads with same email address in the email list for Referral Affiliate Record type.
    for (Lead lead : [SELECT Email,Name,email_notification__c, Isconverted FROM Lead WHERE Email IN :leadMapRA.KeySet()
               and RecordTypeId='012i0000000XXNU' and Name!='' and Isconverted=False
               and Email!='']) {  
    Lead newLead = leadMapRA.get(lead.Email);
    if(newLead.Email != 'noemail@noemail.com')
     {
    if(newLead.email_notification__c == false)                                    // check to see wheater it is through web-to-lead
                      {      
        newLead.addError(' A lead with this email  already exists -' + lead.Name + '.  If you do not know the Email use noemail@noemail.com');
              }      
     else                                                                         //if lead is from web-to-lead create lead and update following fields.
     {
     newLead.Duplicate_lead__c = true;
     newLead.Duplicate_lead_Id__c = lead.Id;
     }
     }
    }
     }
     if(leadMapOREPhone.size()!=0)
     {
    // Query for all the leads with same Phone in the Phone list for ORE Record Type.
    for (Lead lead1 : [SELECT Email,Name,Phone,email_notification__c, Isconverted FROM Lead WHERE Phone IN :leadMapOREPhone.KeySet()
                   and RecordTypeId='012i0000000VWJS'and Name!='' and Isconverted=False
                   and Phone!='' ]) {
    Lead newLead1 = leadMapOREPhone.get(lead1.Phone);
    if(newLead1.Phone != '(555) 555-5555')
    {
    if(newLead1.email_notification__c == false )                                  // check to see wheater it is through web-to-lead
                      {      
        newLead1.addError(' A lead with this Phone Number already exists -'+Lead1.Name  + '.  If you do not know the Phone number use (555) 555-5555');
              }
     else                                                                       //if lead i from web-to-lead create lead and update following fields.
     {
     newLead1.Duplicate_lead__c = true;
     newLead1.Duplicate_lead_Id__c = lead1.Id;
     }
    }
    }
     }

if(leadMapRAPhone.size()!=0)
     {
    // Query for all the leads with same Phone in the Phone list for Referral Affiliate Record type.
    for (Lead lead1 : [SELECT Email,Name,Phone,email_notification__c, Isconverted FROM Lead WHERE Phone IN :leadMapRAPhone.KeySet()
                      and RecordTypeId='012i0000000XXNU' and Name!='' and Isconverted=False
                      and Phone!='']) {
    Lead newLead1 = leadMapRAPhone.get(lead1.Phone);
    if(newLead1.Phone != '(555) 555-5555')
    {
    if(newLead1.email_notification__c == false )                                  // check to see wheater it is through web-to-lead
                      {      
        newLead1.addError(' A lead with this Phone Number already exists -'+Lead1.Name  + '.  If you do not know the Phone number use (555) 555-5555');
              }
     else                                                                       //if lead i from web-to-lead create lead and update following fields.
     {
     newLead1.Duplicate_lead__c = true;
     newLead1.Duplicate_lead_Id__c = lead1.Id;
     }
    }
    }
     }

if(leadMapOREStreet.size()!=0)
     {
    // Query for all the leads with same street address in the Street list for ORE Record Type.
    for (Lead lead2 : [SELECT Email,Name,Phone,Street,email_notification__c, Isconverted FROM Lead WHERE Street IN :leadMapOREStreet.KeySet()
                    and recordtypeId= '012i0000000VWJS' and Name!='' and Isconverted=False
                    and Street!='']) {
    Lead newLead2 = leadMapOREStreet.get(lead2.Street);
    if(newLead2.email_notification__c == false)                                 // check to see wheater it is through web-to-lead
                      {      
        newLead2.addError('A lead with this Street Address already exists.' + lead2.Name);
              }
     else                                                                      //if lead is from web-to-lead create lead and update following fields.
     {
     newLead2.Duplicate_lead__c = true;
     newLead2.Duplicate_lead_Id__c = lead2.Id;
     }    
    }
     }

if(leadMapRaStreet.size()!=0)
     {
  // Query for all the leads with same street address in the Street list for Referral Affiliate Record type.
    for (Lead lead2 : [SELECT Email,Name,Phone,Street,email_notification__c, Isconverted FROM Lead WHERE Street IN :leadMapRAStreet.KeySet()
                    and recordtypeId= '012i0000000XXNU' and Name!='' and Isconverted=False
                    and Street!='']) {
    Lead newLead2 = leadMapRAStreet.get(lead2.Street);
    if(newLead2.email_notification__c == false)                                 // check to see wheater it is through web-to-lead
                      {      
        newLead2.addError('A lead with this Street Address already exists.' + lead2.Name);
              }
     else                                                                      //if lead is from web-to-lead create lead and update following fields.
     {
     newLead2.Duplicate_lead__c = true;
     newLead2.Duplicate_lead_Id__c = lead2.Id;
     }    
    }
    }}

Thanks,
Vishnu
PrasanntaPrasannta (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

You are recieving this error as your query is not selective.
The performance of a SOQL will depend on the presence of a selective filter. If a SOQL query contains at least a selective filter, the query is said to be selective. If the SOQL query does not contain a selective filter, the query is said to be un-selective and will require a full table scan, which may time out (take longer than 2 minutes) if querying large volumes of data.

From the perspective of the query optimizer, a filter can be simple or composite. A simple filter would be each of the field expressions (<field> <operator> <value>) in a condition expression that uses the AND operator. In contrast, the result of joining two or more field expressions via the OR operator is a composite filter. To further clarify:

1) fieldExpression1 AND fieldExpression2: shows 2 simple filters
2) fieldExpression1 OR fieldExpression2: is a composite filter
3) fieldExpression1 AND (fieldExpression2 OR fieldExpression3): shows 2 filters (one simple, and one composite).

Please follow the best practices to make the query selective-
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?urlname=How-can-I-make-my-SOQL-query-selective-And-the-process-to-determine-the-fields-that-can-be-custom-indexed&language=en_US

Hope it helps.
MagulanDuraipandianMagulanDuraipandian
Check this
http://www.infallibletechie.com/2014/04/query-error-systemqueryexception-non.html

If this solves your problem, kindly mark it as the best answer.
Hit Like, if it saved your work :-)

Regards,
Magulan
http://www.infallibletechie.com