function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
saraAsaraA 

Formula help - Picklist values with Calculations

Hi - 
I have a few picklists that I have to get the value (if there is one) and perform some simple calculations.  I am getting #Error becuase some of the values are Numeric, some are alpha and some are blank.

The following 2 formula are returning "Error":
VALUE(TEXT(Scholarship_Discount_value__c ))

AND
( Scholarship_Annual_Value__c )*4 + Discount_Value_4_Year_Scholarship_Total__c

This formula works, but I think that's because it's only selecting certain values:
CASE( Scholarship_Discount_Type__c ,
"Presidential Scholar", 12000,
"Deans Scholarship", 10000,
"Founders Scholar", 7000,
"Leadership", 5000,
0)

Can anyone fix these formulas for me?  
Thanks!
Sara

Best Answer chosen by saraA
ShashForceShashForce
Hi,

There is a way of determining whether a text value is a number or alphabet, using the ISNUMBER() function, which can determine whether a text value is a number or a non-number.

You can probably replace an alphabetic value with zero, like this example based on your first formula, which displays zero if the picklist value is not a number.

IF(ISNUMBER(TEXT(Status)),VALUE(TEXT(Status)),0)

If this answers your question, please mark this as the Best Answer for this post, so that others can benefit from this post.

Thanks,
Shashank

All Answers

ShashForceShashForce
Hi,

There is a way of determining whether a text value is a number or alphabet, using the ISNUMBER() function, which can determine whether a text value is a number or a non-number.

You can probably replace an alphabetic value with zero, like this example based on your first formula, which displays zero if the picklist value is not a number.

IF(ISNUMBER(TEXT(Status)),VALUE(TEXT(Status)),0)

If this answers your question, please mark this as the Best Answer for this post, so that others can benefit from this post.

Thanks,
Shashank
This was selected as the best answer
saraAsaraA
Got it!
Thanks