function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nkbk0108nkbk0108 

formula field on custom object

Hi

I have created a custom object "Migrations". It has a look up relationship to the Account Object because I need to be able to pull history on a field called "Migration Stage". Now I've been asked to pull in some fields from the Account Object, but I can't do this because it's not setup with a Master Detail Relationship to the Account Object. How can create a formula field or get information from the Account Object?

Thank you
Nancy
Best Answer chosen by nkbk0108
Anil KamisettyAnil Kamisetty
Hi

It is very easy as you have a lookup field on Account already. Please follow the steps, the value gets refreshed automatically. And in this case, you need a formula field.

1. Go to Setup --> Create --> Objects and select Migrations
2. In the Custom field setup, click on New Field
3. Select Formula as the data type and click on Next
4. Give it a label & name. Select the formula output data type. And click on Next
5. The step3 : Create Formula is crucial. Use the Advanced formula tab and select the Insert Field --> History --> Account >. And then select the field from the Account Object
6. Select the field by clicking on Insert button. That will insert the API name for the field, which will be in the form of Related_Account__r.Site (relationship name__r.Field API)
7. Click on Next and the finish the visibility requirements and save the field.

By following the above steps, you should be all set.

Note : If this helps you, please mark this as answered. Thus, other can get benefited too.