function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rahul NagardalekarRahul Nagardalekar 

Need Urgent help..Package Installation Failed

Hello,

I have uploaded new version of my application, its a manage package(version 1.16). It uploaded successfully and generated a link. But when I tried to install this application into one of my clients sandbox org or production org it was unsuccessful.
I got following error mail from SF team -

Your request to install package "(My package name)" was unsuccessful. None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization was affected.

If your install continues to fail, contact Salesforce CRM Support through your normal channels and provide the following information.

Organization: Client's org name * (Client's org Id)
User: My name (My user id)
Package: Package Name (Pckage Id)
Error Number:  (Error number)xxxxxxxx-xxxxx

Package Install Failed

An error has occurred during a package install operation.

Thank You,
salesforce.com

I logged a case but then developer team asked me to post it in developer support board as they provide support only for premier customers and premier partners.

Please help me regarding this.

Thank you.
ShashForceShashForce
Hi Rahul,

These errors are not generic. There will be specific reasons which can be looked up by salesforce support and provided to you based on the error number, and you should be making corrections based on the error message.

Thanks,
Shashank
Mani PenumarthiMani Penumarthi
Hi Rahul,

Validate using the ecllipse IDE so that you can identify the exact issues what causing the problem. 
@Shashank_SFDC

I had logged a case but then developer team asked me to post it in developer support board as they provide support only for premier customers and premier partners.
ShashForceShashForce
Hi Rahul,

By any chance, did they provide you the internal error message they are seeing for your error number?
Hey Rahul.

Export your project to ecllipse and validate in it. So that It would throw errors. Once's you fixed those error you will not get these package error.

I have faced these type of errors couple of times and i fixed them by going the above process. 

Thank you friends for your reply.

@Shashank_SFDC
They provided me one error in a page, but for my serprise that page was not included in my package. I asked them regarding that and then they escalated it to their developers team. Then they commented on my case that, "Developer support is currently available only to our premier customers and Premier partners. We apologize for any impact this may be having on you. We support our standard customers through the developer support boards at https://developer.salesforce.com/" thats why I put my query here.

@Mani Penumarthi
I tried to deploy it to server via ecllipse, but it showing error in all files(old version as well as file added in new version). Do you think after solving these errors my package will work?
Exactly. Fix those issues then it will be working
@Mani Penumarthi
I am getting error for namespace prefix. For apex classes, triggers and vf pages, I have not added namespcase prefix of my org and it is giving error.

But Previosuly it was working. I mean, for previous versions of my package, I have many pages and controllers in which I havnt used namespcase prefix while refering any field or object, and was working fine.

Now, I have created 2 pages alogn with controller and one home page component and added to package, it uploaded successfully but when I tried to install after processing it sends the error message via mail.

When I validated it in ecllipse, it is showing error for new pages as well as old pages(which are included in previous versions of package.) How is this possible?
Do I have to make changes in all old pages too? But then my previous package is getting installed succesfully.

Please help.
Saravanan V 10Saravanan V 10
Hi all,

I got mail from Salesforce CRM Support.

Your request to uninstall package "SolarBot Acquisition Assets SolarBots" was unsuccessful. None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization was affected.

If your uninstall continues to fail, contact Salesforce CRM Support through your normal channels and provide the following information.

Organization: PVS Inc (00D2w000001ekS3)
User: Saravanan V (0052w000001i1bp)
Package: SolarBot Acquisition Assets (04t1H0000018iyq)
Error Number: 1962517884-12003 (677098974)

SolarBot could not be removed during uninstall.
null: This global picklist is used by 1 or more custom fields. Remove the usage and try again.

@Saravanan. Please delete the data from the recycle bin.