function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AnSFAdminAnSFAdmin 

Override case page makes refresh fail in service console?

Hi, in my service cloud console, the 'refresh' functionality (the 'round arrows' in the dropdown on the right) does not work anymore after the 'view' page for a case was overridden with a VF page. It does not seem to matter what's on the VF page.

To replicate, create a simple VF page, that will just show the case detail like the normal page does, eg:
<apex:page standardController="Case">
<apex:Detail subject="{!Case.ID}" relatedList="true" />
</apex:page>

Override the Case view page with this page, then open a case in the Service console, and use the 'refresh' symbol for this page in the dropdown menu at the right of the list of tabs. The case view does not refresh. Taking the View override away makes the refresh work again (you can see the page reload). It does not matter what is in the override, as soon as the page is overridden, the refresh button fails.
AmitAmit (Salesforce Developers) 
Hello,

This is a known issue with us and more information can be found at following link :

https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000T3VvAAK

Thanks,

Amit Bhardwaj
AnSFAdminAnSFAdmin
Thanks. Meanwhile, I also found that calling  sforce.console.setTabLink(); fixed the issue for me (once I moved all my custom javascript buttons to use the 30.0 toolkit instead of a mix of 27 and 29). Why the integration toolkit doesn't just do that automatically I don't understand.