function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gokubigokubi 

I want to pre-fill the Chatter Publisher

I want to create a global action that is a way for staff to Chatter a simple weekly update about what they've been working on and what they're going to work on next week. Basically, all I want is to have a chatter publisher window prefilled with some template text:

What did you do?

What are you going to do?

If I do a global action, I can create a VF form and generate a Chatter post with the update text, but I lose the abilty to create @mentions, which are really helpful in updates.

The simplest thing would be to generate a standard chatter publisher and prefill it with text, then let the user start modifying. I don't think there is any way to do that on the platform. I suspect the best thing I could do is create a Google Chrome extension that allows the user to prefill the publisher, but that's less than ideal.

Any suggestions for how I might give the user some text in the publisher so they're not starting from scratch and don't lose all the good stuff of the standard Chatter publisher?
ShashForceShashForce
Hi,

You can use VF and still do @mentions. Please see this if it helps: http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/1545/how-can-i-add-an-mention-when-creating-a-feeditem-via-apex/11160#11160

If this answers your question, please mark this as the Best Answer for this post, so that others can benefit from this post.

Thanks,
Shashank