function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anil SavaliyaAnil Savaliya 

Trigger is not Firing

Hey,

I have contact Followed Object ,and It has master detail retailionship with contact and look up with user.

When I am deleteing contact ,it's delete contact follow by.it's natural and expected.But when I see debug log  there is DML opetion happening for Delete Contact ,But I can't see DML opertion for Delete Contact Follow,But it's deleting contact follow by.Becuase of absent of DML opertion  in contact follow,My trigger is not firring for contact follow by ?

This behaviour is natural or weired ?
Best Answer chosen by Anil Savaliya
Bradley DelauneBradley Delaune
Hi Anil,

When deleting a master in a master-detail relationship, the delete action of the detail records is considered a 'cascade' delete.  Cascading delete operations do not fire triggers.

For example:  If you delete your Contact object, the Contact Followed object's delete trigger will not fire.  If you delete your Contact Followed object, its delete trigger WILL fire.

Here is some documentation to help you understand why this is expected functionaliy: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/apex_triggers_ignoring_operations.htm

Please mark this as a solution if it helped you, Anil!

All Answers

Bradley DelauneBradley Delaune
Hi Anil,

When deleting a master in a master-detail relationship, the delete action of the detail records is considered a 'cascade' delete.  Cascading delete operations do not fire triggers.

For example:  If you delete your Contact object, the Contact Followed object's delete trigger will not fire.  If you delete your Contact Followed object, its delete trigger WILL fire.

Here is some documentation to help you understand why this is expected functionaliy: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/apex_triggers_ignoring_operations.htm

Please mark this as a solution if it helped you, Anil!
This was selected as the best answer
Anil SavaliyaAnil Savaliya
Thanks Brad.