function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Marc D BehrMarc D Behr 

Default Survey report required or tests fail when using Survey Force

I just discovered a bug in the test for Survey Force, and I am not really sure where else to report it since it is not a supported product, so here goes.

If you delete or rename the default report that is installed when you orginally install Survey Force called 'Survey with Questions and Responses', you will find that everything breaks. You will no longer be able to open existing surveys and if you try to deploy new Apex code to the system, the Survey Force tests will fail.

The problem appears to be that the procedure viewResults() in the GettingStartedController class expects that a report named 'Survey with Questions and Responses' exists at all times. 

Hope this helps somebody else.
craveracravera
Whoa, this post is a huge help to me as I'm having the same problem and have been trying to understand why it happened.  Thank you.
craveracravera
I just created a Change Set and promoted both the "Survey Force Reports" folder and the "Survey with Questions and Responses" report from Sandbox to Production.  I then re-attempted to deploy some new Apex code into Production and, voila, it worked perfectly.  No errors.

You, sir, have saved me a load of work interspersed with head-scratching.