function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LAKSHMAIAH CHAGANTILAKSHMAIAH CHAGANTI 

UNABLE TO DEPLOY DUE TO UNUSED PACKAGE

Hi guys I got the following error while deploying will you pleae help me here

Description: The 'knowledgecontroller' class is under “Sample Public Knowledge Base for Salesforce Knowledge” package, which is not using by us currently. But I am getting deployment error only due to this package which we can't remove/uninstall due to some dependencies.

Run Failures:
# Deploy Results:
File Name: classes/SelectEmailLeadsCtrl.cls
Full Name: SelectEmailLeadsCtrl
Action: UPDATED
Result: SUCCESS
Problem: n/a

File Name: classes/SelectEmailLeadsTest.cls
Full Name: SelectEmailLeadsTest

File Name: package.xml
Full Name: package.xml

# Test Results:
KnowledgeController.null line 292, column 16: No such column 'permissionsviewknowledge' on entity 'Profile'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
KnowledgeControllerTest.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
MyProfilePageController.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
pkb_Controller.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
pkb_Mobile_ConfigController.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
pkb_mobile_controller.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
pkb_Mobile_CustomSettingModel.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
pkb_mobile_proxy.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
pkb_mobile_Test.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
pkb_SecurityHandler.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
pkb_SettingsController.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
pkb_SiteMap.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
pkb_Test.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
ScheduleDeleteGaps.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
ScheduleSendWeeklyAccountEmails.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
SelectEmailLeadsCtrl.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
SelectEmailLeadsTest.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
SendWeeklyAccountEmails.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
SendWeeklyAccountEmailsTest.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
SiteRegisterController.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
testCheckEmailWhitelist.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
TriggerUtil.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
Web2Case_Setup_Controller.null line -1, column -1: Previous load of class failed: knowledgecontroller
Best Answer chosen by LAKSHMAIAH CHAGANTI
Saurabh DhobleSaurabh Dhoble
No, Is the "Knowledge User" checkbox checked on your user profile ? If not, check it and try again.

All Answers

I'm not too familiar with the knowledge base, but it sounds like the user you are using to deploy Salesforce does not have access to knowledge base objects. Does this help ?

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=knowledge_setup_users.htm&language=en_US

I have System Administration access, Is'nt enough?
No, Is the "Knowledge User" checkbox checked on your user profile ? If not, check it and try again.
This was selected as the best answer
Upon selecting the checkbox and after saving I got the following error.
There are no Knowledge User Licenses available. If you wish to add Knowledge User Licenses, please submit a case. A salesforce.com representative will contact you.
I opened a case regarding this issue, they gave me reply like Developer support is currently available only to our premier customers and partners. Some weiry things happening in salesforce like this, they are revoking licences but the packages are stand by alone in organizations which leads to deployment errors due to insufficient permissions
Yep, Salesforce deployments have always been a pain. Best to uninstall the package and re-install at a later date.
It's showing some dependency issues while trying to uninstall.