function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Antonio CancioAntonio Cancio 

Package install failed error 1482398671-14041 (1028436933)

A customer has tried installing our managed package with a package URL and they are receiving a 'Package install failed error'. I've tried searching for this particular error number in these forums but have not come up with anything. Can someone from Salesforce let me know what this error number means?

Error Number: 1482398671-14041 (1028436933)
Package Install Failed
An error has occurred during a package install operation.

I filed a case with more details about the org but was directed to ask for help here.
kcpluspluskcplusplus
The people who post here are generally not from Salesforce, but members of the community. The error you are recieving is an internal server error, and not something anyone here would be able to translate. You need to log a case with Salesforce support, so they can find the exception in the logs to dig into the issue. 

--KC
As I said in my post, I filed a case (#10533701) through the partner portal regarding this issue and was directed to post here for help. This is part of the generic message I received: 

Developer support is currently available only to our premier customers and premier partners. We apologize for any impact this may be having on you.

We support our standard customers through the developer support boards at https://developer.salesforce.com/. If you have a developer support question, are looking for technical documentation, best practices, code samples and other ways to speed your development time. We have dedicated support representatives that work the boards to answer questions.

The developer discussion boards can be accessed directly at https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/#!/feedtype=RECENT&criteria=ALLQUESTIONS
kcpluspluskcplusplus
You may get an internal rep that will post here eventually, though I would try logging the case with basic as a config issue, not a developer issue. It's really not a developer support case, just an issue installing a package. It's going to take some time either way to get a response I imagine.

--KC
Thank you, I will try that. As to why the support rep that responded to my email with a generic response instead of escalating to the right support group is beyond me.