function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Randall YatesRandall Yates 

How do I set up an HTTPS Post to send data to another CRM

I already have everything set up to send a post request to another CRM. It was done for me by a devolper, I need to create another one for a new company. Where do I get started?? Thanks for any help!
kcpluspluskcplusplus
Are you trying to do this from salesforce i.e in apex, or from outside salesforce? What CRM is it? Some larger CRM's will have toolkits, or getting started guides for interacting with there api's which could help. 

--KC
Randall YatesRandall Yates
I'm doing it from within Salesforce with APEX. I'm not sure the type of CRM it's going to but it's a huge company. They gave me posting instructions with an https URL to post the data to. Sincerely, Randall Yates Cell: 424.302.6477 Local: 214.501.5382 Toll Free: 855.841.4663 Fax: 800.380.6194 This message is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL information. If you are not the intended recipient, dissemination of any kind, use or copying of this email is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please accept our apologies and notify the sender by replying to the email which must be thereafter deleted completely from your system. This email (and any attachments) has been scanned for viruses, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to undertake their own security measures and no responsibility will be accepted by the sender for the unintentional, inadvertent or accidental transmission of any virus, malware, or any corrupting coding or for any consequential loss or damage arising from the receipt, opening of it or attachments, or use of this email.
kcpluspluskcplusplus
From apex you are going to use the HTTP, and HTTPRequest class, also the HTTPResponse class if you are expecting a response. I would go over that doc, it has an overview to get started making HTTP requests in apex. Once you have a method to make your callout, you will need to create a trigger and a future method which will allow you to make the request on dml, or a visualforce page that can execute your request. 

--KC