function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gv007gv007 

That operation is only allowed from within an active site.

Hi 
I am trying to loing to register and login into site it always throughing  "That operation is only allowed from within an active site."

https://URL/apex/SiteRegister

Anything I am missing.
Thanks

PrasanntaPrasannta (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Please to try below steps to avoid the error:

1. On the site detail page there is a button called "Public Access Settings".
Click on that button and make sure you have turned on CRUD and field level security for each of the objects and fields you use in your page.
Enable the vf page in sites. And give permissions in public access settings which object you are going to use in vf (Create,read...)
2. Make sure Field level security is set as visible in public access settings for the fields you are exposing on that page.

Please mark it as best answer if it helps.
PrasanntaPrasannta (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Also please refer to this link-

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=sites_site_pages.htm&language=en_US

Sure@DreamSure@Dream
Hi gv007,

You will get this error, when you try an operation which is intended to work only from Site page.

Try as an external user to check whether the functionality is working or not.

Thanks

Marco Pollastri 1Marco Pollastri 1
Hello @presannta I have tried your troubleshooting but the solution is not working. 

What I am trying to achieve is to allow new users to register to the community. Once they are registering they will have access to a form enabled via a Visualforce pafe. The form is created with form assembly.

I have assigned the Visualforce page to the community, folowing the steps:

- Quick find box / Site / Selected the Site Label / Selected the pubblic acess setting button.

I have been directed to this page where i have enabled all the objects that i have included on the form, making sure that all the field level security are enabled to be visible to all the users ( the form is a standard Salesforce Visualforce called CommunitiesSelfReg)

User-added image
This is the form I am trying to enable to users new to the community to get registered.

User-added image
But the error I receive is the follow (Consider that at the moment i have filled the form I have put the password)

User-added image
Anyone have experienced the same issue?
Thansk 
Marco