function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
A MeA Me 

Which web service technology does salesforce use when calling an external web service?

I want to call an external web service from my apex code.
According to the WSDL , one of the parameters which are mandatory to make the request is the web service platform. When I checked the API documentation of the web service, it says that the value of this parameter should be the web service technology which I use when I call this web service.
They also have a list of whitelisted technologies (which they say are valid platforms) for calling this webservice, namely DOTNET20,ZSI,SUDS, WCF and PHP5.
Could anyone help me with this?
Best Answer chosen by A Me
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi , 

I believe Internally Salesforce Uses Java, but i think that line refers to SOAP or REST or any other API that we are using. 

Regards,
Ashish

All Answers

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi , 

Salesforce uses SOAP for WSDL. 

https://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_callouts_wsdl2apex.htm

Regards,
Ashish
A MeA Me

Hi,

Thankyou for the answer. But I dont believe that solves the question. From what I know, SOAP is a protocol that is used by different web service platforms/technologies. Im not sure if its the 'technology' that Salesforce uses.

Regards,

A

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC
Hi , 

I believe Internally Salesforce Uses Java, but i think that line refers to SOAP or REST or any other API that we are using. 

Regards,
Ashish
This was selected as the best answer