function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shiran Ben ShimolShiran Ben Shimol 

State and Country Picklists

Hi,

I have enabled the feature in my org. unfortunatelly, I encountered some issues. for example: I use Marketo for the leads Managment,

when Marketo tries to sync leads to salesforce, with no state mentioned, I recieve this error message:  

FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION: There's a problem with this state, even though it may appear correct. Please select a state from the list of valid states.: State/Province

Does someone know what it means and how can I fix it ?
Also, if the country is United States, is it must to have a state value ? can I have lead from United States but with empty state ? I really think this should be an option.

Thanks,
Shiran.

ShashForceShashForce
Hi,

When you have enabled stats and country picklists, you can only enter standard ISO values for states and countries. For example, if you try to feed "New York", it will not be accepted. It will only accept "NY".

Also, it is not mandatory to have state when you enter country. You should be able to enter just the country value and leave out the state.

If this answers your question, please mark this as the Best Answer for this post, so that others can benefit from this post.

Thanks,
Shashank
Hari SharmaHari Sharma
Shiran,

Just resolved this.  
  • If you want to map ISO codes for States and Country, then you should be mapping to PersonMailingStateCode and PersonMailingCountryCode.
  • If you want to map names for States and Country, then you should be mapping to PersonMailingState and PersonMalingCountry.
Did I answer you question? if so, please mark as the Best Anwser so that others can benefit from this as well.

Thanks
Hari
Kevin StrangeKevin Strange
This is not entirely true PersonXXXX are only for ORG's which have enabled Person Accounts.