function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Neal SymmsNeal Symms 

Alert Banner on selected accounts

Hi - I would like to know if it is possible to create an allert banner in red across the top of accounts pages to alert users that a speciifed customers/accounts are confindential and have a signed non-disclosure agreement in place?

Ideally this would reside above the account details?

Thanks in advance.
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
How are you identfying that an Account is confidential(ex... based on some field value or something else) ??
Neal SymmsNeal Symms
Hi - I would look to add a custom field value (true or false) to the accounts page. If this is the correct workflow?
Neal SymmsNeal Symms
I have now added a custom tick box to the account page, tick for NDA in place. The default is set to false (no NDA in place)
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
Yes,you can do that.The way I would suggest you to display your banner is to create a Formula field which would display Red or Green symbol based upon your custom checkbox value.

What I mean to say is that if you custom checkbox value is true the formula would display Red otherwise Green.So,your formula should be something like below :-

IF( <Custom field> =false,

IMAGE("/img/samples/flag_green.gif","Green"),

IMAGE ( "/img/samples/flag_red.gif","Red"),true,false)

Go through the below link to learn more about creating formula fields :-

http://www.shellblack.com/administration/using-image-formula-fields/

Hope this helps!!

If this helps,please mark it as best answer to help others :)
Neal SymmsNeal Symms
That's great help thanks. However, I'm new to configuring SFDC and it would be great of you could indicate where I add the code to my custom tick box?
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
You need to add this code in your setup.Follow below steps :-

Setup -> Account -> Fields -> Click on New button -> Select Formula in Radio Button -> Then select Text on Next Page -> On Next page you need to paste this code -> Then,save this field 

Please make sure to add this field to your Layout to make it visible.
Neal SymmsNeal Symms
Thanks again for your fast response. However when I try to paste the text I just get this: Error: Syntax error. Found '<'
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
You need to use '(' not this '<' I mean you need to use parethesis in formula.Please verify.
Neal SymmsNeal Symms
ok - I have paste this:

IF( Non_Disclosure_Agreement__c =false,

And I get this:

Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function 'IF()'. Expected 3, received 5

Sorry if I'm being dumb, I'm new to this
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
Change your code from 

to

IMAGE ( "/img/samples/flag_red.gif","Red"))

Neal SymmsNeal Symms
These codes look identical to me?
Neal SymmsNeal Symms
Thanks this has worked. Is there anything that would be more prominent when an NDA is in place? see attached.User-added image
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar
Not sure what you mean by more prominent,as I can see what you wanted to achieve you have done that.

As the solution has helped,please mark it as best answer to help others :)
Ramanji P 9Ramanji P 9
How to display banner above standared buttons in
record detail page 
Ross BixlerRoss Bixler
This article introduced me to image formulas but doesn't outline the process for producing that bright red banner across the top of the account detail page. I am scouring articles for a step-by-step on how to achieve the outcome that Neal Symms achieved with the his big red banner, but all I have so far is the image formula field that displays the flag. Any thoughts about to make the banner happen rather than just the little flag icon?