function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MJR_NexMJR_Nex 

Getting back to the start - Salesforce1 Navigation

Here is my scenario:
I am building a Salesforce1 app  will take the user through multiple pages. They access the app through a Visualfroce tab. The wizard walks them through page by page and they get to the end. Now the user wants to do something else. \

Here is the issue:
Ideally, the user clicks on the three lined menu icon to go back to the sidebar to go elsewhere within Salesforce1. However, in order to get to the three lined menu icon, they have to click the back arrow through every page in the wizard. Even if I redirect the user to the record that was created by wizard, the user must use the back arrow to reverse through the entire wizard to open the sidebar and go elsewhere in the app. 

Am I missing something?
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
No, that's how the navigation works.  Users can swipe right to show the menu at any point in time, but the "hamburger' icon is only displayed on the first page opened from the menu or when the app first starts up.
MJR_NexMJR_Nex
Thanks Bob. That is the tip that I needed. As long as there is a way to get to the menu from any page, I'm good.
DavRentDavRent
bob_buzzard,
looks like this is the case.
1. Is this documented?
2. It takes me a few swipes to get the hamburger menu back, not just one. 
DavRentDavRent
I found a partial solution for this.
In SF navigateToURL documentation (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.salesforce1.meta/salesforce1/salesforce1_dev_jsapi_sforce_one.htm) for the "navigateToURL(​url​[, isredirect])" method it says:
"isredirect is optional and defaults to false. Set it to true to indicate that the new URL should replace the current one in the navigation history".
By setting isredirect to true, the hamburger menu remains in place though there is a caveat - the 'back' arrow dissapears.