function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nupur ModiNupur Modi 

Issue with incorrect display of the error message of the main page in the component loaded on the main page.

I have a page with shows some basic controls in the top section and a component below it. On click of a button ("Add controls") in the component, there is another component which is displayed. This component is displayed with the effect of a pop u window opening on top of the main age but actually it is a div styled accordingly.

When there are some validations in the basic controls in the top section of the page, and we click on "Add controls" button in the component, the next component opens up as required, but the top of the component displays the errors from the main page.

I have tried various ways to fix the issue including disabling the "Add controls" button when there are some validations on the main page but I am not able to fix the issue.

Can someone please help me with this.
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
can you please post the VF page code to understand the issue and probably a screen shot that shows the issue
Nupur ModiNupur Modi
User-added image
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
is the <apex:Pagemessages> tag inside the popup code? Try changing the line of <apex:pagemessages> and see if that solves your issue.
Nupur ModiNupur Modi
<apex:Pagemessages> tag is only in the main page. It is not there in any of the components being used. That is the strangest part of the issue.
Nupur ModiNupur Modi
Ok. I see a <apex:messages> tag in the component being opened in the pop up. The main page error messages are getting displayed in that tag.
Nupur ModiNupur Modi
I am still struggling with the issue. Can someone please help me with ths