function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SrikanthKuruvaSrikanthKuruva 

Test class run times

When i try to deploy few classes to production all the test classes will be run. Some of the test classes take long time to run. i made a not of couple of such test classes which took 20 min to complete. but when i try to run the test class induvidually the test class runs with in 2 min[excluding the wait time]. Can some help me understand why this is so.
Ramu_SFDCRamu_SFDC
Are you running the test classes thru Eclipse or Developer console, I have seen quite a few developers reporting that the test classes when ran from Eclipse is taking quite some time versus the same when ran through Developer console. Please try out developer console if you are using Eclipse or any other ide for the same.

other reason why it might take long time would be because of the test methods within each test class. Some of the test classes might rely on large dataset or multiple if else conditions or for loops which would take longer time compared with the test classes with methods which are simple.
SrikanthKuruvaSrikanthKuruva
Yes i am using Eclipse to deploy the classes to production. when i run from developer console it hardly takes couple of min.